rollup shade for a gazebo

Old 02-09-16, 04:22 PM
X
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
rollup shade for a gazebo

I am putting a 12 x 12 gazebo together from a kit purchased from costco. When done, it would be nice to have some sort of attached sunscreen to block the direct sun.

Where the gazebo will be located, it will get both, the rising morning sun as well as the afternoon/evening setting sun.

I was thinking to get some sort of a UV protected sunscreen fabric that could roll up or down easily. I would install that on both sides of the gazebo.

Any suggestions where I can get such an item that will be custom made at a reasonable cost or are there any good diy solutions that will meet my requirements ? The shade material will need to be 11 1/2 ft wide and 6 ft high.

thank you.

Old 02-09-16, 05:31 PM
P
Temporarily Suspended
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Old 02-10-16, 04:02 AM
Received 721 Upvotes on 640 Posts
I have a similar problem on my gazebo with the west or setting sun. I bought a bamboo shade. It works in term of keeping out the sun's heat but not so much as to prevent the sun from glaring into one's eyes or face if you're look in that direction. You will need something totally opaque.

Old 02-10-16, 09:01 AM
G
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
+1 bamboo shade user. Several years exposed to the elements without rotting, bad fading (there has been some), or broken cords.

Mine is a couple feet shorter than the gazebo wall but the little light that creeps in at the corners isn't a problem.

Old 02-10-16, 10:39 AM
P
Group Moderator
Received 2,154 Upvotes on 1,929 Posts
In my brewing area I have roll up Sunbrella shades that I got from Costco. Next summer will be their fourth and they still are holding up well. I just drop them down and give them a pressure washing once a year to clean them.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: