Adhesive to metal roof

Old 04-29-16, 04:02 PM
I
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Post Adhesive to metal roof

Hi,

Newbie here. I tried using construction adhesive (Liquid Nails I think) to fasten a small 1X4 square wooden block, with a small hook screwed into it's underside, to the underside of my corrugated coated steel roof which covers my back deck. I used it to hook a mosquito net to it to drape over my zero gravity chair to keep mosquitoes at bay (when I'm in the chair, of course). I installed it in late spring but it popped off about mid-July, probably because of the heat.

Does anyone know of a better adhesive to use for this application? It really does not have to hold much weight nor withstand much tugging and I would rather not put holes in my roof to mount screws.

Thanks for your help.

Sponsored Links
Old 04-29-16, 04:28 PM
Group Moderator
Received 721 Votes on 667 Posts
100% silicone. Not siliconized latex, not Silicone II.... plain old clear silicone.

Old 04-29-16, 05:41 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 6 Votes on 6 Posts
Either that, or put the screw in a framing member or slat. Why does it have to be on the metal underside? There should be a slat every 2' or so.

Old 04-30-16, 03:26 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 330 Votes on 293 Posts
I was also thinking attach it to framing, either the rafter or the strapping the metal is attached to. It might even be feasible to add framing to locate it where you want it.

btw - welcome to the forums!