Adding corner steps to an already built deck

Old 06-10-17, 10:14 PM
S
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Adding corner steps to an already built deck

Background: Just bought a house. The entire yard is fenced in. The fence gate and the lot landscape creates too much of a space at the bottom and 2 of my furry kids escape.

Fence company is going to use the existing front fence and gates and move it to create a fenced in back yard.

In order to do the fence, the deck stairs have to move. I want corner stairs but I'm not being listened to and im being told it's going to cost too much.

I need to make a drawing with measurements and a list of materials to show we only need a small amount of additional materials to do this.

The corner stairs are not anything fancy. I want each side of steps to connect in the corner like molding does. Does this make sense?

It's been a long time since I have done a project drawing (Shop class in high school). I hope I can diy the moving of the fence and save even more money.
But that's another project.

I don't know how to build steps.

Would any of you help me figure out the measurments and material list so I can show that we only need a few more items to do the corner stairs.

What measurements and/or pictures do you need to begin helping me?

Sponsored Links
Old 06-10-17, 10:25 PM
S
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Old 06-12-17, 06:28 AM
W
Received 21 Votes on 20 Posts
Steps

We need overall dimensions for the steps to estimate length of material and number of steps.

Total height from deck to ground to calculate number of steps and stringer material.

Width of top and bottom step to estimate material for treads and risers.