Smoothing and removing spilled concrete on driveway

Old 08-02-17, 10:27 AM
G
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Smoothing and removing spilled concrete on driveway

I recently bought a house 6 months ago and when my drain line under the driveway leaked they had to bust up part of the driveway to fix the problem. The builder pulled up a section and replaced it with new concrete, but he did a shoddy job. The concrete spilled around other sections and there are boot prints all around. Despite being a new house, he refuses to clean it up since he paid $2800 out of his pocket to replace the busted up section. Lots of arguing, finger pointing, warranties and threats of billing me the cost ensued, so I gave up.

Finally, my question is: Can you remove some of the spilled over concrete with a wire brush and a pressure washer? It would probably work well with smaller spills, but not with the thicker ones?

Name:  image1.jpg
Views: 379
Size:  31.7 KB

Sponsored Links
Old 08-02-17, 11:02 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 330 Votes on 293 Posts
A pressure washer might do it. A muratic acid solution is often used to clean up cement splatters so they might also be an option.

btw - welcome to the forums!

Old 08-02-17, 01:16 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 74 Votes on 67 Posts
Is builder selling more houses in your area, Look as picketing laws and picket in front of house he is trying to sell. Only put what is wrong with your house, Don't slander him, Sometimes a pressure works. You should not be left with a mess no matter how much it cost him.

Old 08-02-17, 01:27 PM
G
Thanks! I'll have to look into a good pressure washer. They're always handy.

Old 08-02-17, 01:38 PM
G
I'm in the process of reporting his company to the better business bureau and yep, there are more houses being built in the area. We've had a number of builder issues with our house that had to be painstakingly resolved before I bought it. A number of owners in the neighborhood have a major beef with him as well. After bantering about the driveway he threatened to send me a bill for the cost of the driveway and put a lien on my house if I didn't pay it. Not taking it seriously at all. It was for a broken pipe that his plumbers installed, but he's suddenly blaming a cable company for it. They wouldn't pay for the driveway repair, so out of the goodness of his heart he paid for it himself and how dare I get angry. Very very shady business.