Waterproofing underneath deck

Old 03-01-19, 07:42 AM
K
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Waterproofing underneath deck

We have a lot of support beams and posts for our Ipe deck, as well as some uneven joist spacing. We would like to waterproof at least a portion of it, but are having a hard time coming up with a solution due to all of the beams. The patio to the beams is about 8', elsewhere it drops to about a 12' ceiling. Removing boards to install an over the joist membrane is not an option for us.

An Underdeck representative said their product would work but it would be a tedious install.

Any other options or products we should look into? Pictures of the underside of the deck should be attached.

Thanks!

Attached Images   
Old 03-01-19, 09:16 AM
P
Group Moderator
Received 2,231 Upvotes on 1,990 Posts
Long ago when I was much younger I installed a roof to the bottom of my deck. It was a pain to keep leaves and debris out of the dead space between the roof and decking above. I didn't want to let the crud accumulate as held a lot of moisture and might cause the wood to rot prematurely where it piled up and touched wood. And I wanted to keep it clear to preserve as much airflow under and around the decking so it could dry properly.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: