Need help picking out replacement sofa

Old 10-30-18, 03:43 PM
G
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Need help picking out replacement sofa

Hello,

I need to replace my sofa which was damaged by a dog (scratches and claw marks). If you look at the attached picture, you can see that is a currently made of a "leather" material. I'm looking for a new sofa (sectional, etc) that will fit in the same corner based upon the dimensions of 83" x 101" that would be a good replacement based upon the existing paint color, wall art, etc. As always, any store or retailer links, etc are most appreciated since I not very good at this type of thing. Also, this new sofa is for my primary home that I also rent out a number of days per year, so I'm ok with purchasing another "leather" couch, or completely open to a cloth based couch - whichever is better for cleaning, wear and tear, etc.

Thanks in advance!

Attached Images  
Old 12-30-18, 01:14 PM
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
You have plenty of space for new sofa. I would recommend you fabric based couch. I have really bad experience with eco leather. I paid a lot of money and it was destroyed in less then year. I replaced it with textile sofa and I am very satisified with it. I have special spray to clean it (you can buy it in almost every store).

Old 12-31-18, 11:44 AM
G
Thank you... I have found a couple of sofas that I'm interested in and one is fabric and the others are the faux leather. Of course the fabric sofa is anywhere from $200 to $300 more expensive.

Old 12-31-18, 12:44 PM
Super Moderator
Received 391 Upvotes on 319 Posts
The problem with the faux leather, is that it's really plastic, so doesn't hold up well or long. If you like leather, get real leather or get the fabric sofa.
It's hard to recommend a store since you live in a different state. I would want to go to a store so I can see, feel and sit in it. I wouldn't buy a sofa online.

Do you close the curtains or are they just for show? If not I'd suggest getting rid of them. They're skimpy and squished since there doesn't seem to be enough room for them. I know you didn't ask, but had to comment.

Old 12-31-18, 01:14 PM
Received 1,210 Upvotes on 1,098 Posts
70's styles are on their way back fast, this is pretty close to what my folks had around 1975, better get it before it's gone!

https://www.doityourself.com/forum/a...1&d=1546290888

Attached Images  
Old 12-31-18, 01:46 PM
Super Moderator
Received 391 Upvotes on 319 Posts
I do hope you're kidding around!

Old 01-05-19, 06:30 AM
G
Originally Posted by Shadeladie
The problem with the faux leather, is that it's really plastic, so doesn't hold up well or long. If you like leather, get real leather or get the fabric sofa.
It's hard to recommend a store since you live in a different state. I would want to go to a store so I can see, feel and sit in it. I wouldn't buy a sofa online.

Do you close the curtains or are they just for show? If not I'd suggest getting rid of them. They're skimpy and squished since there doesn't seem to be enough room for them. I know you didn't ask, but had to comment.
You are right about faux leather that it doesn't hold up that long.... I believe this sofa was purchased 5 or 6 years ago. However, I also do rentals in my home (approximately 100 nights a year), so I need a balance of long lasting and aesthetically pleasing.

As far as the curtains go, I have ordered a new sofa from Wayfair that is slightly smaller and will fit in the space better and the curtains won't be squished.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: