Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Interior Improvement Center > Designing Kitchens and Bathrooms
Reload this Page >

Basement Toilet on 6" raised floor to avoid a pump

Old 02-18-17, 11:30 AM
A
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts

I have been searching and am having a difficult time finding an answer or solution. In my basement I have a raised section of flooring, raised 6" for the toilet. This is so gravity will work and it doesn't need a pump. If I remove the raised flooring I would need a pump and I would really, really rather not do that.

The raised flooring is akward so what I'd ideally like to do is get rid of the raised flooring around the toilet, so only the toilet is raised up, but then a standard toilet size is going to make average peoples legs dangle because it'll be another 6" taller.

What I'd like to find is a reasonably priced short toilet, like 10-12" to bowl height but sized for normal people, not a children's toilet, you know what I mean? Does anybody have any suggestions or know where I can find such a toilet? Thank you.

Pictures: Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

Old 02-18-17, 11:46 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 9 Upvotes on 8 Posts
Welcome to the forums! You need to find out why it was raised. If the tub works off gravity, then the toilet should, too, unless there is some drain anomaly. Figure out why it is raised and let us know. You may have to cut the raised base open or remove a board or two to see what is happening.

Old 02-18-17, 12:04 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 76 Upvotes on 69 Posts
It5 is possible that how ever put toilet in did not want to cut concrete and ran pipe along floor to drain. You could use a squatty potty that was advertised. I saw them sold in beds,bath and beyond.

Old 02-18-17, 03:47 PM
A
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
It was raised so it could be over the sewer drain pipe I have which is about level with the floor in the basement. If I lower the toilet to the floor I'll wind up needing an external pump. I think I may just wind up leaving it as it is and tiling the floor. I appreciate the responses. Still figuring it out.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: