Fake Marble "Pops" in Shower...

Old 01-04-18, 04:57 PM
M
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Fake Marble "Pops" in Shower...

In 2012 I had a cracked fake marble floor int he shower and ad what a company called an "overlay" placed over the old floor and it work alright for a few years and now when someone is in the shower and shifts their footing, the overlay pops because the adhesive has apparently come loose in spots. The wall were the fake marble also so they didn't;t have to be removed when the overlay was placed on the old flooring.
What I want to do if feasible is to take the overlay up, clean the surface and remove all the old dried adhesive and regale the overlay back in place.
I'm trying to figure out how to remove the overlay since I'm sure it's being held in laces by the adhesive, I'm thinking remove all the silicone seal around the edges and drain cover, clean around and remove the silicone around the drain and somehow pull the overlay up for repair. How to get the thing up when I can't get a tool around the edge and under the overlay? I thought I'd use a bathroom plunger...Any ideas or experience with these things? Thanks!

Old 01-05-18, 12:39 AM
Received 1,210 Upvotes on 1,098 Posts
Need some pictures or a link to the manufacturer for some information on what this is.

It may be loose in a spot but that does not mean it's going to come up without damage!

Old 01-05-18, 05:55 AM
P
Group Moderator
Received 2,153 Upvotes on 1,928 Posts
I don't think you will have much luck getting the overlay up without damaging it. If you want to about all you can do is gently pull, pry and hope it comes up without cracking the overlay. A glass suction cup or toilet plunger likely will not work because the textured, non-slip surface will break the suction. You can try gluing handles onto the top using hot glue.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: