Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Interior Improvement Center > Designing Kitchens and Bathrooms
Reload this Page >

Should I try to replace the floor tiles in my bathroom without doing the shower?

Should I try to replace the floor tiles in my bathroom without doing the shower?

Old 06-16-18, 01:34 PM
N
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts

We had some foundation issues that were addressed with pylons not cement rounds but before we did, the crappy bathroom job done by previous owners leaked and ruined the flooring in our master bedroom. The cause was glass bricks previously installed against the backboard shifted allowing water to seep under the wall. The glass brick was added to take up the space between the wall and the newly added shower kit so a custom shower stall wouldn't need to be installed I'm guessing.

The foundation leveling also caused tiles in the bathroom to pop up. My initial thought was to leave as much of the shower tile in place and replace the floor tiles, vanity, toilet etc. The issue is that the shower stall itself has a tile foot around the outside which was laid after the floor tiles. I was able to remove one of the floor tiles without breaking the shower tile but, I don't think another tile would be able to be set back in properly.

Should I even try to set floor tile back under the foot of the shower or just rip the whole thing out? The only other option I could think of is try to find a match to the existing shower tile which seems unlikely.

Old 06-16-18, 03:57 PM
P
Group Moderator
Received 2,152 Upvotes on 1,927 Posts
It may sound like a cop-out but so much depends on the specific conditions of your bathroom. It's extremely hard to offer useful advice without seeing even a photo of what you have. Best would be to get some people with experience over to carefully look at what you have.

If you want to post some photos here are some instructions: How to insert pictures.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: