Dishwasher install

Old 08-25-18, 06:34 AM
M
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Dishwasher install

I want to put a dishwasher in my kitchen but do not want to eliminate a cabinet. I would like to take a dishwasher and have a freestanding cabinet for it. This option is cheaper than a portable dish washer, plus I have a location that has the hot water and electrical in place and a hole in the floor where I could plumb a drain, any Ideas ????

Old 08-25-18, 09:55 AM
P
Group Moderator
Received 2,153 Upvotes on 1,928 Posts
You can do that though you may have to have a cabinet custom made or modify a stock one. By the time you buy a cabinet you're probably at the same price or more as a portable unit so I'd say the decision comes down to aesthetics and not money.

Old 08-26-18, 09:54 AM
M
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
I checked on the price of portables but they are at least 300 or more than a built in dishwasher. also I think that I may have to do some other fix for the plumbing and water as portables connect to fixture with a connector that replaces the aerator.

Old 08-26-18, 06:20 PM
Received 15 Upvotes on 13 Posts
Normally when setting cabinets to account for a dishwasher, you leave 24" between 2 cabinets to make the opening. If you by a 24" cabinet the opening will be less than 24" and the vertcal trim on the cabinet will intrude on the space of the carcass. The opening will not be 24".

So a custom cabinet, new countertop and plumbing modifications will still be cheaper than getting a portable unit?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: