warped kitchen cabinets

Old 04-15-19, 12:01 PM
H
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
warped kitchen cabinets

Hi everyone I'm new on here so I hope I'm posting this in the right section.
I'm updating my kitchen and am up to the point of installing new kitchen cabinet doors.
The cabinet itself is bowed out in the middle (see pictures) Is there a way to bring it back in so it's straight?
Maybe some kind of brace on the inside? If such a thing exists or is there a way to repair it without taking the entire cupboard down?
It's quite hard to see on the picture but the warped bit is on the right of the picture, it's quite noticeable when the new doors are on.
Any advice will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Attached Images  
Old 04-15-19, 12:20 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 359 Votes on 316 Posts
You might try a 1x2 [with narrow edge against the cabinet] and screw it to the cabinet. Hopefully the bowed part will pull up tight to the 1x2.

Old 04-15-19, 01:09 PM
P
Group Moderator
Received 744 Votes on 684 Posts
If you want something low profile most hardware stores and home centers have a metals section where you can get pieces of steel and aluminum.

The cabinet appears it is made of particle board or MDF. When attaching any support to the inside and trying to pull the bow out you have to be careful not to strip out the screws. It might help to use clamps to pull the bow out and hold it in position while you screw the brace in place.

Old 04-15-19, 01:25 PM
H
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Thanks. I'll take a look.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: