Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Interior Improvement Center > Designing Kitchens and Bathrooms
Reload this Page >

Pot/Pan holder next to stove - not sure how to get started.

Pot/Pan holder next to stove - not sure how to get started.

Old 04-30-19, 07:30 PM
R
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Question Pot/Pan holder next to stove - not sure how to get started.

I just replaced an old giant stove and now have a 10.5 inch gap in the kitchen. I would like to build something useful to go in there. Possibly a pot holder but not sure how to go about this. I would like to get some ideas from people - pics, designs, plans, materials, etc.
I'm thinking something to hang pots and pans; maybe pulls out, either on rails or wheels, hooks on a peg board for hanging pots....maybe. I AM NO CARPENTER but not afraid to try and build stuff.
So, I'll take whatever you got. Throw me your ideas!

Name:  k1.JPG
Views: 129
Size:  118.0 KB

Name:  k2.JPG
Views: 129
Size:  96.1 KB

Last edited by PJmax; 04-30-19 at 08:06 PM. Reason: resized pictures
Old 05-01-19, 02:00 AM
Received 1,210 Upvotes on 1,098 Posts
Not too sure how practical that would be but my first thought was to build two walls inside the opening that came up a little higher than the counter with pieces of accent tile.marble, etc on top.

Then get some big half columns to mount to the front to give it some architectural detail.

Old 05-01-19, 04:43 AM
P
Group Moderator
Received 2,153 Upvotes on 1,928 Posts
Without carpentry skills I would call building a cabinet an advanced project. I would look online and places like IKEA to see if they have a storage shelf or cabinet that might fit the space. Even if they don't have something exactly like you want maybe you could use it as a foundation and modify it to your liking.

Old 05-01-19, 08:50 AM
R
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
I have looked around for inserts. Some of these get rather pricey and I like the idea of doing something myself.
I will wall off the interior of the space, as Marq1 suggests, but creating the pot holder itself is where I need a plan. Something which pulls out on rails would be ideal but I'll look around for a rolling cabinet too.
Thanks.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: