Cost to replace builder-grade shower

Old 08-19-23, 02:35 PM
H
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Cost to replace builder-grade shower

We're looking to replace the original shower stall (22 years old) in our master bath. We're leaning towards a laminate panel shower.

For a shower this size, can someone give me a "ball park" price to ripping out and installing a new shower? We will not be moving any plumbing. I'd like to have some idea of price before I start getting quotes. I live near Raleigh, NC if that matters.

Related to this, is ripping out and installing a new shower a difficult job? I think my wife would be pretty much against this, but I'd like to know if it's do-able for someone that's never worked construction.

Thanks,

Andy

Old 08-19-23, 03:14 PM
Received 1,210 Upvotes on 1,098 Posts
Nope, too many local variables to consider, just get several quotes, talk to referrals/neighbors/friends. Then when you have some specific questions on the details we can help!

Old 08-19-23, 04:49 PM
H
OK, will do. Thanks for your input.

Old 08-21-23, 01:33 PM
J
I just did a complete bath reno in South Florida. Installer ripped out all old fixtures including tub and flooring. We spent about 3k on materials and hired a sub to install everything. They charged about 4.5k in labor and building materials. Yours should be cheaper. I got 4 quotes. These guys were reasonable and done in a about 4-5 days.

Old 08-22-23, 03:18 PM
H
jack10525

Thanks for that info. I'm working on getting quotes now. That sounds reasonable.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: