Source for true divided light sash

Old 06-19-17, 07:50 PM
D
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Source for true divided light sash

Hi - I have 2 casement windows from the 50s in a room and one of them is rotted and needs to be replaced. It's a single sash With 6 small lights.

Online I see cheap "barn windows" that could work or I see lots of historic replicas of true divided light windows that will be custom for my size and just a sash.

I really like the TDL windows and don't care about the .05% energy improvement new replacement windows will give me. Plus I'd have to replace the pair for it to look right.

Any suggestions where I can get a single sash to replace my casement window?

Sponsored Links
Old 06-20-17, 07:14 AM
S
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
I'm sure that there is a building supply house, in your neighborhood. They are a step above Home Depot & Lowes.

Old 06-20-17, 08:40 AM
Group Moderator
Received 714 Votes on 661 Posts
Hard to say without seeing it. Window sashes usually have a special thickness and profile, they arent "universal". Every window company has a unique profile, and there are hundreds of brands, hundreds of models. Yours hasnt been in production for almost 70 yrs. They also likely have weatherstrip that has zero tolerance, so a sash must almost always come direct from the mfg and fit exactly in order to work.

A run-of-the-mill generic sash isn't going to work well. If you never want it to open thats one thing.... if you still expect it to crank open the chance is slim to none.

If you dont understand why this is nearly an impossibility, or think you can go to just any store and pick one up its because you haven't worked on many windows.