Where to buy a window gasket sealer ?

Old 08-05-17, 07:58 AM
M
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Where to buy a window gasket sealer ?

Hi there!

Can somebody recommend me where to find a window gasket sealer? This is a small plastic strip attached to the top of the window to prevent water leaking during the rain. It is inserted into a narrow slot in the window.

I am in Chicago and I checked all major stores: Home depot, Lowes, Menards and there is nothing like this available. Are there any stores that specialize in things like this? Can I buy it online?

Thank you!
M

Attached Images   
Old 08-05-17, 11:04 AM
Received 15 Upvotes on 13 Posts
Try real hardware stores and glass companies.

Old 08-05-17, 02:19 PM
M
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Thank you for your answer. Can you elaborate a little bit? Maybe you can give me an example? what keywords do I use to find them? f I google real hardware stores or glass companies - there will be too many results...

Old 08-05-17, 02:36 PM
Super Moderator
Received 6 Upvotes on 6 Posts
Uhhh Try "hardware store" with your location entered somehow. Same with "glass repair". You do have sections, boroughs, neighborhoods something like that don't you? Maybe South Chicago, North Chicago...whatever is common terminology in your area. Ask neighbors or maintenance man types.

We don't live next door to you, so sorta hard to know what's near by.

You could also order online if you dig a bit into what it's actually called. If it fits in a slot in the window, then it sounds like it was original TO the window. Unless you know the manufacturer, you may have to improvise.

If it were me, I'd probably just make it if I couldn't find it, but doubt you are in that position.

Old 08-05-17, 11:05 PM
Received 15 Upvotes on 13 Posts
Just a note stores like Lowes or Home Depot may come up when you Google but they are not real hardware stores. They are just stores with some hardware but may have poorly trained or untrained clerks. You don't google real hardware stores you google hardware stores. By "real" I simply meant to differentiate between stores that also carry some hardware and stores that are primarily hardware stores.

Last edited by ray2047; 08-06-17 at 01:19 AM.
Old 08-09-17, 03:55 PM
W
Received 13 Upvotes on 11 Posts
Hi, Try A phone book.
Woodbutcher

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: