what do you call these windows?


Old 05-29-18, 04:43 PM
maarkr's Avatar
Thread Starter
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: United States
Posts: 385
Received 8 Votes on 6 Posts
what do you call these windows?

I'm looking at the box stores online for windows to frame both sides of a patio door that I' m installing into the wall to make like a sun wall. I just want a solid window with inner panes that's abt 36" wide and 7' tall (even with the patio door). Either a new or replacement construction. I can't find this style of window on their web site. Is there a name for this style?
Sponsored Links
Old 05-29-18, 05:28 PM
XSleeper's Avatar
Group Moderator
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: USA
Posts: 26,226
Received 723 Votes on 669 Posts
Depends if you want them to match the door exactly or not, but...

Let's say you are getting a Pella 750 series sliding door. You would order a matching Pella 750 series fixed 36x84 door. Andersen will have window model #' s that match their sliding doors.

If you are getting some cheap no name vinyl sliding door, you will need to order a fixed vinyl picture window with tempered safety glass that is sized accordingly.

None of these items will be available off the shelf, they are all special order items.
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: