Need plugs to cover new door.

Old 06-18-19, 02:59 PM
B
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Need plugs to cover new door.

I have a piece of brick molding from install door. The Therma-tru door does not come with plugs for the door. I need a HOLLOW DRILL BIT 3/8 so the 3 IN screws can be covered. Where can I find such a thing. I found a diamond bit that is hollow but not sure what it would to to wood or fiberglass door.

Old 06-18-19, 04:05 PM
Group Moderator
Received 3,951 Upvotes on 3,544 Posts
Title corrected.
Is the door wood or fiberglass ?
Are you trying to drill a hole to install some type of hole plug ?

Maybe a picture of what you are trying to do........ How-to-insert-pictures.

Last edited by PJmax; 06-18-19 at 10:11 PM.
Old 06-18-19, 04:34 PM
Received 721 Upvotes on 640 Posts
I'm assuming you mean new door. Are the plugs you mention for alternative mounting or for the holes you're going to drill to fasten the brick molding? If the holes are more that the dia of a finishing nail, then most hardware stores will have wooden plugs for just such occasions.

Old 06-18-19, 08:55 PM
B
If I use the regular store brought plugs I would have to stain or paint them the door color.This is a new door just put in. I have screwed 3 or 4 holes to secure the door and would like to cover then . IF I can make the plugs out of the brick molding that came with the new door, I can have plug that are the same color and do not have to try and match . Like I have said I found a diamond HOLLOW BIT that would work (plug would fit the screw hole). The problem is it is a fiberglass door and not sure how the diamond bit,it would work on the fiber glass. Do you know where I would be able to buy a HOLLOW bit to make my own pugs in the RIGHT COLOR.

Old 06-18-19, 10:09 PM
Group Moderator
Received 3,951 Upvotes on 3,544 Posts
So basically the question is will a 3/8" plug cutter cut thru the fiberglass cleanly. I would think a new bit would be fine. I would try it on the back side of the door to make sure it was clean. You don't have to go very deep..... just see if it starts cleanly.

3/8" plug cutters

Old 06-19-19, 06:55 AM
B
I am sorry I am not very clear. I have a few pieces of the new door brick molding. I am looking for a 3/8 HOLLOW drill bit. I do not know it they even make one. I want to use the 3/8 HOLLOW drill bit to create a plug from the extra new brick molding. It would be the same color and texture as the new door.Really looking for some thing like a key hole say but I have only seen down to 1 in. Nothing down to 3/8.
Yes I did find a diamond hollow bit for titles but was asking if any one knew if a regular 3/8 HOLLOW bit exist and where can I get one for drilling fiberglass door.

Old 06-19-19, 08:19 AM
Received 1,210 Upvotes on 1,098 Posts
Did you look at the link that PJ sent, it's for plug cutters which is what you are looking for!

Old 06-20-19, 04:28 AM
B
Sorry but did not realize there was a link.Will try it. Thanks

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: