Replacement Reachout for Sliding Glass door?

Old 10-18-19, 09:06 PM
B
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Cool Replacement Reachout for Sliding Glass door?

Hello,

I have 2 Andersen sliders in my home, and one of them isn't latching correctly with the lock.

It's apparent (by looking at it) that the reachout that depresses the button allowing the latching mechanism to close broke off at some point; and is now gone.

I can obviously replace the entire locking mechanism - but it seems very silly to buy a $60 part (or more, as one of them is actually keyed externally so it can be locked/unlocked from outside.) I'd rather avoid doing that and simply replace the reachout itself but I can't seem to find them for sale anywhere. Has anybody purchased these in the past? Can anybody point me in the right direction?

My mom also has an Andersen slider with the exact same problem, so this would take care of two birds with one stone.

Thanks!

Old 10-22-19, 06:50 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,910 Upvotes on 1,716 Posts
I don't think the individual parts of the reachout latch are available for sale. Reachout kits are $43 on Amazon.

Old 10-23-19, 08:47 AM
B
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Thanks XSleeper. I haven't had any luck either. I guess I"ll try to call Andersen and see if I can acquire it directly from them... seems silly to buy the whole thing to ultimately replace what should be a .50 cent part.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: