Where to find these window pieces ?

Old 11-20-19, 08:40 PM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: usa
Posts: 128
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Where to find these window pieces ?

Hello people i have pretty old but really good double hung windows- . But over the years when I take the windows out to clean them - the slide brackets they slide up and down on break- and I need to get mjore- Maybe someone knows or has seen these before and can advise me on where I might find them. Thank you

Name:  w1.JPG
Views: 148
Size:  51.5 KB

Name:  w2.JPG
Views: 138
Size:  44.8 KB

Name:  w3.JPG
Views: 180
Size:  52.2 KB

Name:  w4.JPG
Views: 139
Size:  41.1 KB

Name:  w5.JPG
Views: 122
Size:  43.2 KB

Name:  w6.JPG
Views: 118
Size:  33.9 KB

Last edited by PJmax; 11-20-19 at 09:13 PM. Reason: cropped/resized pictures
Old 11-20-19, 09:26 PM
XSleeper's Avatar
Group Moderator
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 27,307
Received 1,975 Upvotes on 1,771 Posts
Those are 385 series block and tackle channel balances. They will have a number stamped on the side of them, such as 2720... or 3230. The first 2 numbers denote the length, the 2nd 2 numbers denote the strength of the spring which varies depending on the weight of the sash.

I would suggest Swisco, but you can get them from a variety of sources. If you get them somewhere else, just be sure the inserts on the ends are the correct ones for your sideloads... they must match your existing ones exactly or they won't work.

Amazon calls them Amesbury side load balances. Be sure the 4 digit number matches, wherever you order them from.
Norm201 voted this post useful.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: