Need ideas for window treatment

Old 07-05-16, 04:40 AM
K
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Need ideas for window treatment

Hoping you diy's will have some great ideas. I have 3 large windows between the living room and kitchen along with a smaller one in the kitchen. completely dumbfounded on some curtain/shade ideas. I was leaning towards doing roman shades. any suggestions? I've attached a picture of the living room window. I rent, so don't want to spend a fortune.

Name:  window.jpg
Views: 811
Size:  28.1 KB

Old 07-05-16, 08:31 AM
S
Group Moderator
Received 1,263 Upvotes on 1,204 Posts
All of our units come with window treatments. Will the landlord split any of the cost with you?

Old 07-05-16, 10:09 AM
Super Moderator
Received 391 Upvotes on 319 Posts
You don't say the size, but if they're very large, Roman shades would have to be custom and they'll be very pricey.
You can put anything on windows like that. It's really a preference thing. You have plenty of room on the sides and tops for curtains. Can't tell how much room there is for hanging shades or blinds inside mount.
Since you're renting and wouldn't want to spend a lot of money, I think either just plain horizontal blinds or roller shades would be cheapest, if you're just looking for privacy. Personally, I like blinds and shades inside mount, if possible.
If you're looking for fabric and if you have an IKEA near you, they have nice curtains and rods that are very inexpensive. If they're not wide enough to close, you can hang them on the outside and just put up some inexpensive roller shades underneath, for privacy.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: