moving duct

Old 11-19-16, 02:21 PM
B
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
moving duct

ok. so simple question really. i have furnace basically in middle of house. (in basement of 4 level split). return and supply trunks going east and west. the west ones go up along the ceiling of 2nd level (if basement is 1) . they run parallel to a main beam of house. All i want to do is basically shift those main trunks a foot north to be closer to the main beam of house so the soffit i will build won't be so freakin wide. I hate it. HATE. basically id either need to move furnace over a foot and shorten some vents, extent some a foot. ooorrr as the venting comes out of furnace somehow offset it as it curves up to ceiling for the run so it shifts that foot.
All ceilings are currently exposed as i have pretty much gutted my house. this is important as I'm 6'5" and it will be a bathroom. if i can shift it. no soffit in bathroom

thoughts. and if you feel like saying "contact a pro" kindly and respectfully piss off. if all you do is go on DYI forums and say call a pro. then don't be on forums where people actually want to learn.

cheers

Old 11-19-16, 03:43 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Taking a turn in duct should be no problem. It's like a 22.5° turn in a pipe or anything else.
I'm no pro on duct work, but install many kitchen hoods and the like.
It sounds like you want to just shift the existing duct over by making an S turn and that's fine.

And before I forget, go **** yourself Just kidding

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: