Help identifing make/model of exhaust vent with light

Old 07-11-17, 10:05 AM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Help identifing make/model of exhaust vent with light

I need to change the bulb in our bathroom exhaust vent. The bulder's clean up crew tossed all boxes and almost all documentation. I am unable to figure out how to remove the vent grill/light diffuser in order to change the bulb. I've pressed in the sides of the plastic grille with no effect. I've also pulled the grille down, but it only comes down about 0.25 inch and has a very solid stop. I'm attaching pictures to help in identifying the make/model or even learn the trick of changing the bulb.

Thanks.

Jav

Name:  vent1.jpg
Views: 214
Size:  9.7 KB

Name:  vent2.jpg
Views: 216
Size:  9.6 KB

Old 07-11-17, 10:21 AM
Super Moderator
Received 6 Upvotes on 6 Posts
That looks remarkable old school for a modern new bath fan. I would think the diffuser would have to come off first if they are separate items, but I can't tell you how, sorry.

I think I'd be on the phone nagging the heck out of them for the brand name or where it was purchased. Should be able to answer that off the top of his head.

Old 07-11-17, 10:55 AM
Group Moderator
Received 1,910 Upvotes on 1,716 Posts
Like most all bath fans, you pull the shroud straight down about 2". It should have 2 spring clips on either side. You likely arent pulling it down hard enough. You will likely find a label with model number inside the unit.

Old 07-11-17, 11:07 AM
J
They are 15 years old. Amazingly it is the original bulb, so I've never had to change it.

Old 07-11-17, 11:12 AM
J
I guess I just need to pull harder. It felt like I hit hard stop. The shroud seems to be attached to the bulb housing and not simply covering it.

Old 07-11-17, 05:53 PM
Super Moderator
Received 6 Upvotes on 6 Posts
Oh, the way you said it made it seem like a remodel or new construction.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: