What kind of roof vent


Old 09-10-17, 11:58 AM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: USA
Posts: 304
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
What kind of roof vent

I have to hook up 6 in vent to roof from hood above range top. I have roof vents being I think about 6 in already on the peak of the roof. There are about 6 or 7 of them around the two peaks of my roof. The vent comes up about 3-4 inch and is open on three side with a screen around the opening. Could I just put the exhaust from the range hood right into the 6 in roof vent.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-10-17, 12:07 PM
XSleeper's Avatar
Group Moderator
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: USA
Posts: 26,211
Received 718 Votes on 664 Posts
You want a 6" roof cap vent with a damper. (Example)

They also make powered in line dampers if you would like to limit cold air that gets past the damper travelling back down the vent.
Old 09-11-17, 09:52 AM
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: New England
Posts: 10,523
Received 37 Votes on 34 Posts
A 6" duct sounds like a fairly large exhaust fan. If capable of more than 400 cfm it may need a replacement air system and should spell that out in the instructions. More details on why/when that is needed if you would like.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: