Undercabinet RangeHood Rectangle to Round Options

Old 01-20-18, 04:40 PM
I
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Undercabinet RangeHood Rectangle to Round Options

The builder put cheap rangehood with rectangle ducting. I bought a good rangehood which has round ducting. The rangehood mounts undercabinet leaving no room to convert square to round outside the cabinet. The only option I see is try to convert the rectangle to round in cabinet. Pictures are attached. Appreciate your feedback.

Attached Images   
Old 01-20-18, 09:52 PM
Usually the round top duct ring is an accessory, not built in to the unit. You should be able to use the same 3.25 x 10 duct you have.

Here's a picture to show the available knock outs on most vent hoods, 3.25 x 10 or 7" semi round.

If your vent hood is designed for round only, all you have to do is cut a 7" circle in the cabinet bottom shelf. It's rare that a vent hood discharges to round only.
For rectangular just remove the rectangle knock out. For 7" round, remove both the rectangular knock out and the 7" semi-circle knock out and attach the ring provided.

Attached Images  
Old 01-21-18, 09:55 AM
I
Thanks for the feedback. I had bought a heavy duty which only comes with round duct. I didn't know the builder will provide a cheap one with rectangle duct. Here is the link to one I had bought - afg-corp/rangehood/under-cabinet/30/pro-series

Old 01-21-18, 01:20 PM
Received 388 Upvotes on 337 Posts
Go round all the way. Remove the existing rectangle-to-round. Expand the hole for the round. install a 6 inch to 7 inch reducer in the cabinet if necessary. install a new cabinet bottom on top of the existing to cover the old rectangle cutout.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: