Ventilator? Good or bad?

Old 05-29-18, 09:11 AM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Ventilator? Good or bad?

I am still trying to get my ductwork replaced in my condo and wanted to ask a couple of additional questions.

I have no way to circulate the air in my unit. So if I spill some paint remover, it lingers in the air for a long long time. I don't have windows in my unit and my doors are on the same wall so they don't circulate.

As a second consideration, it is often (so far this year always) cooler outside than inside my place. I have to run the AC to cool my unit when it is perfect temperature or colder outside. This doesn't seem right.

I was wondering if there was a system that could check the temperature outside and the temperature inside and use outside air if it was cooler, inside air if not.

Also, I started reading about an ERV and wondered if that was a good idea. I have a company coming out to give me a quote and I wanted to be prepared by getting some feedback on an ERV before they get here.

Here is the website that I was looking at Why an ERV is the Best Way to Ventilate | PV Heating & Air

I would love any suggestions about refreshing the air in my unit that might need to be evaluated when my ducts are replaced. Thanks.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: