Ventilation in new basement bedroom

Old 07-29-18, 04:52 AM
H
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Ventilation in new basement bedroom

i am planning a new basement bedroom. For heating and cooling I have two choices. 1) use electric baseboard heaters and no air conditioning cooling. 2) tap into the first floor air conditioning heating and cooling supply and return ducts.

i am building this room on a building permit so it will be inspected.

option 1 is straight forward.
option 2 will be controlled by the first floor heat pump thermostat (heat and coil)

question on is on option 2. will the inspectors object to the basement bedroom being controlled by the first floor thermostat. Could I install both options and say that if more heat is required than option 1 heat, then the baseboard heaters will be the backup. I assume that cooling is not a requirement.

Also, is ventilation required in a basement bedroom? I will have an egress window that can do ventilation .

State is Massachusetts .

thanks.

Old 07-29-18, 08:29 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
I had a similar situation. I my case I t- eed off (spelling?)off my gas boiler hot water line from my boiler I have a closed loop system.
the basement room has its own circulator pump,eletrical breaker. my thinking was to separate the 2 zone
No ac,small bedroom window that I just finished off. it also supplies fresh air.
A oscillating fan and de-humidifier works well
Hope this helps

Old 07-29-18, 11:30 AM
Received 1,210 Upvotes on 1,098 Posts
For a basement you wont need to worry about cooling, it will be the natural temp of the earth which is cool in the summer, and cold in the winter, electric baseboard heating will be sufficient.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: