Manometer reading incorrect on radon mitagation system

Old 04-19-19, 07:51 PM
D
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Manometer reading incorrect on radon mitagation system

I got into a back room of our basement today and happened to look over at a Radon Mitigation System that has been installed since roughly 2014 (It was done long prior to us moving in last year; We've had no issues prior to this though). The blue liquid in the Manometer is typically uneven, but this time, both sides were even at 0 - a cursery check of the label said this indicates need for a service call.

The soonest we can even call someone to see about having them come out is Monday, but the first person I spoke with went through the basic troubleshooting steps: Was it turned out? (switch outside said yes). Had we done any work with our sump pump? (No; also the lid is still firmly covered as far as I know. Previous owner hid it under a box that is difficult to reach).

I watched a YouTube video that mentioned something about going to the fuse box, turning off the one that runs the Radon Pump and then turning it back on again. The person that installed it placed the sticker so I can't see if that specific fuse was tripped, but I figured it might be worth a try.

If I do decided to try flipping that fuse, it wouldn't do any irreperable harm, right? How quickly would the manometer reading change if this was the error?

Old 04-19-19, 09:07 PM
S
Group Moderator
Received 1,273 Upvotes on 1,213 Posts
Do you mean flip the breaker? Fuses must be replaced when they fail.

Old 04-19-19, 11:56 PM
D
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
That's what I meant, yeah - I'm not the best with terminology.

Old 04-22-19, 06:54 AM
Received 8 Upvotes on 8 Posts
yes flip the breaker off then on.

Old 04-22-19, 08:12 AM
B
Received 47 Upvotes on 43 Posts
If the breaker restores power the manometer should immediately respond to show you it is working. Might take a few seconds but quickly.

Bud

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: