Bosch Dishwasher E24 Error Code: seeking insight

Old 02-26-14, 08:21 AM
R
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Bosch Dishwasher E24 Error Code: seeking insight

Hello! I have a SHE6AF02UC-05 Bosch Dishwasher. It keeps giving me E24 error codes. I have used Bing and Google to learn a plethora of ideas and options to fix. What I've learned so far, and what I need help with:

1) I understand that this code usually means a clog, but my dishwasher drains just fine. I've cleaned the screens , made sure there wasn't any evident clogs down under and behind the screens. I've poured water down into the sump and turned it back on. It successfully pulls all the water out, but then makes another noise (which I'm pretty sure is the anti-flood sensor kicking-in trying to continue to pull out more water, even though all the water is gone.) It then makes the sump pump noise that it's trying to pump out water (which it's already done...) then makes the second noise (which I'm pretty sure again is the anti-flood sensor kicking-in, but again, the water has already drained), and then the E24 code appears.

2) I've pulled out the dishwasher, and tipped the thing forward 45 degrees (like several experts have said in other posts (other websites to other Bosch dishwasters...) indicating trying to trick the anti-flood sensor to reset). I've removed the pump hoses to drain any residual water out completely.

What has never happened while starting the dishwasher, is that it never gives it the chance to have water start filling to begin the wash. Some sites have guessed that this is because the water line has clogged somewhere at the inlet valve where it connects to the washer. However, I'm guessing the machine just isn't getting to that point because the anti-flooding sensor keeps trying to drain water that's not there.

Any ideas of what I should do before I call a repairman in? Or should I just order a new pump and replace it myself?

Old 02-26-14, 08:00 PM
Group Moderator
Received 3,947 Upvotes on 3,540 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

I'm not real familiar with this dishwasher but I'm aware of a few of its problems. One is that due to a defective water fill valve the unit tries to fill too fast and the water weeps out of an air breather hole in the fill assembly and runs under the machine and activates the anti flood sensor.

Apparently when you tip the machine forward the water runs out of the drip pan. Have you noticed water under your machine or in the overflow pan ?

Old 02-03-16, 12:42 AM
P
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Hi
I am having the exact same issues. Did you find a solution.
Thanks
Pete

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: