Dishwasher won't drain

Old 02-08-16, 06:00 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Dishwasher won't drain

My potable dishwasher, GE model gsc3507p00ww, was taken apart and the pump and motor assemble was removed to replace the lower spray arm support. After reassembling, the dishwasher will not drain. the drain solenoid lever is engaging. I can hear the pump working, very little water is trickling out of the drain, I can't feel water in the drain hose. I have cleaned all the parts and hoses. I can drain the dishwasher by hand depressing the drain solenoid lever while the drain hose is detached.

Old 02-08-16, 08:18 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,321 Votes on 1,221 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

Please double check that model number for me as I'm getting mixed results.

Old 02-09-16, 09:26 PM
Hi, I double checked the and the model# is correct. GSC3507POOWW. serial # is LR600376A. thanks

Old 02-10-16, 05:26 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 75 Votes on 68 Posts
Pete model # shows up if you google it but not at Sears.

Old 02-13-16, 11:49 PM
Parts list and diagrams can be seen here; "http://partsnet.geappliances.ca/model-view.jsp". I have a feeling there maybe something simple that I'm overlooking. any help would be appreciated. thanks

Old 02-14-16, 11:04 AM
Group Moderator
Received 1,321 Votes on 1,221 Posts
It would be good for you to put Canada in your profile.

I only have partial access to GE Ca. as left in your link. The U.S. companies don't show parts for your unit. Similar models but not the same.

The drain system is fairly basic. The solenoid pulls the valve into the drain mode. When it stops draining the valve drops back in to wash mode. I believe the solenoid only powers for a few seconds and once the pump starts the draining process the water holds the valve in drain mode. When there is no more water the valve goes back to circulate position.

You should be able to manually push the linkage into drain position and it should stay there as long as water is draining.

If something fell into the sump and blocked the valve.... it wouldn't open fully in drain mode.

Old 02-18-16, 11:29 PM
Hi, thanks for responding. I ran the dishwasher while watching the motor assembly to make sure everything sounds and moves as it should. The solenoid engages and the valve opens fully in drain mode. I can feel that during the drain cycle there is no water making it to any part of the drain hose or chamber hose but I do feel water in those parts when I drain manually while the drain hose is detached from the chamber collection. I don't know if it matters but there is no valve flapper on the chamber collection on this model. The motor is the same as in this YouTube video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnrqQxkgbOg. I really appreciate any help you can give.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: