Universal or DIY Washer/Dryer Stacking Kit

Old 02-15-16, 06:30 PM
D
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Universal or DIY Washer/Dryer Stacking Kit

Hello.

I'm wondering if anyone knows of a universal type washer/dryer stacking kit. I purchased a Kenmore set which comes with an LG stacking kit; however, it does not fit and Sears is not help.

I've seen some kits for European models that appear to be a plastic seat for the top of the washer and then a belt that wraps around both units.

If I end up having to improvise a way to stack these units I'm thinking I'll just get some rubber pads for the dryer feet on top of the washer, but what kind of belt/strap would I use to secure the units together?

Thanks.

Old 02-15-16, 07:11 PM
Group Moderator
Received 3,951 Upvotes on 3,544 Posts
There aren't many universal stacking kits that I know of.
Can you post the model numbers for your set ?

Old 02-15-16, 09:53 PM
D
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the reply.

It's the Kenmore 41162 washer and 91182 gas dryer. The associated stacking kit is the LG KSTK1.

There is no way this stacking kit can be properly secured to the washer (even the gauge of screws in the kit do not fit the washing machine housing).

I found some 20 foot cam buckle straps online for about $8. I think that's my only real option. The unit is going to be seated at the end of a hall, so the strap won't be visible.

Old 02-16-16, 03:21 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 77 Upvotes on 70 Posts
Get the model # off the washer and dryer. Model # will look like this XXX.41162, The first 3 numbers are important. I forgot which has the stacking kit. I have never had a problem with kits if you got the right one. Would not try what you are planning but I have seen things like that. If you do try it put a rubber mat between washer and dryer.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: