LG dishwasher not filling with water

Old 06-13-16, 05:14 PM
J
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
LG dishwasher not filling with water

I have an lg dishwasher. we replaced the door so I am unable to find the model number. The dishwasher wasn't filling with water so I replaced the water inlet valve. The dishwasher still didn't fill with water. I placed a gallon of water in the bottom of the dishwasher and started it. The dishwasher performed the way it was supposed to.

I electrically tested the old water inlet valve for continuity with a digital meter and got an 964 reading. I tested the new one before I put it in and got a continuity reading of 900. Is this what it is supposed to be?

I have run the system several times with glasses turned upright. They have never had water in them but they did have condensation on them. The last time I did this after I manually put a gallon of hot water in the bottom of the dishwasher they had water in the glasses.

What could be the problem and what do I do next?

Old 06-13-16, 09:48 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,343 Votes on 1,241 Posts
It's going to be pretty hard to give you precise information with no model number.

The first thing I'd check is the float switch. It should look like a round dome in the bottom of the tub. There will be a float under the cover. The switch is under the tub.

Old 06-14-16, 06:49 AM
J
I found the model number LDS4821ST

Old 06-17-16, 12:42 PM
J
This model has float switch outside of tub area. I have unistalled the dishwasher to get at the float switch. How do I test the switch to determine if the float switches are bad? I have a volt meter with continuity settings.

Old 06-17-16, 01:47 PM
J
I got the float switch out. it has all kinds of crud on it. could this be the cause of the problem? Here is a picture of the assembly. cant seem to insert the picture

Old 06-17-16, 11:45 PM
Group Moderator
Picture posting help..... http://www.doityourself.com/forum/el...-pictures.html

A crudded up float is a problem. When the float is down the water fill operates normally.
When the float is stuck up.... there will be no water fill.

Old 06-18-16, 10:23 AM
J
Looks like that was the problem. the float switch is operating correctly after cleaning it. My question is how long til this happens again and should I just bite the bullet and buy a new part for $50.00

Old 06-18-16, 09:42 PM
Group Moderator
If the switch is working fine then it doesn't need to be replaced. You do need to keep it clean.
New switch.... old switch.... either will get crudded up.

You may need to address the soap you are using.
Also.... using a product called Affresh for dishwashers will keep the insides like new and free of crud. It gets used every month or so.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: