Poor working Frigidaire clothes washer

Old 06-22-16, 05:11 PM
T
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Poor working Frigidaire clothes washer

I bought Frigidaire washer FAFW4011LW0 in 2012 and pretty much since beginning we were complaining about how this frontloader works. I dont know how exactly it should work but here is how i see it. Washer doesnt spin all the time, actually 60% of times drum just stays and does nothing... Like it waits for something. There is almost no water inside. Clothes come wet after cycle as normal but they are not clean enough. Since 2 years I started to leave washer open after doing laundry and wipe dry seal. I also use bleach and do cleaning cycle once a month. The smell stopped but it is still there... Seal still has some small greyish marks of mildew/ mold.
So is there anything i can do ? I was thinking if there is some kind of filter inside washer which might cause some smell and poor washing power. Please help

Old 06-22-16, 06:27 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 75 Votes on 68 Posts
Google front loader smell you will find many pages about smell. I always said to use Affresh to clean washer. Your model is known for bad door locks that will not let them nkt spin. Bad door locks will let washer agitate but will just sit there in spin. Lock is fairly easy to change.

Old 06-23-16, 04:07 AM
T
What means "nkt"? Door lock is in window or in washer body? I used Affresh couple times.
I found door lock. Is this what you mean?
Frigidaire 131763255 Door Lock/switch As - AppliancePartsPros.com
This is expensive. I will try other stores. If it wont help then i will return but i have high hopes.

Last edited by trailer-mechani; 06-23-16 at 04:22 AM. Reason: add link
Old 06-23-16, 04:51 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Sorry about nkt typing on my pad while computer in shop. Forget that. Can tell you how to change lock when you get it. About 10 minutes for me. Get it from a place that has a year return. Instructions on Affresh says to use every month.

Old 06-23-16, 07:28 AM
T
It would be awesome if door lock fixes washing performance. Affresh is also expensive (annually).

Old 06-23-16, 09:05 AM
T
I googled a little and found out that there is diagnostic mode for appliances. I finally found pdf diagnostic manual and found affinity washer.

I found this section
Section 2 Washing Machines
2-14
Affinity Diagnostic Mode
* The diagnostic test is used to check individual component function only.
*Turn the program knob to the start position (far
left
cycle).
*Press the
Start/Pause
button to start the cycle and save it.
*Press the
Cancel
button to stop the cycle and turn off the LEDís.
*Press the
Cancel
button again to turn on the LEDís.
*Within 5 seconds, press and hold the
Options
and
Start/Cancel
buttons until LEDís start flashing, then release buttons.
1. All the LEDís will flash. Pressing a button below a light cluster will light all the LEDís in that cluster at one time to
confirm functionality.
2. Turn the program knob (1) click clockwise from the start position. The hot water solenoid will activate and hot water
will enter through the detergent compartment.
3. Turn the program knob (2) clicks from the start position. The bleach water solenoid will activate and cold water
should enter through the bleach compartment.
4. Turn the program knob (3) clicks from the start position. The bleach and the wash water solenoids will activate and
cold water should enter through the softener compartment.
5. Turn the program knob (4) clicks from the start position. The door lock solenoid will deactivate and the loading door
can be opened.
6. Turn the program knob (5) clicks from the start position. The washer will fill and tumble. Once tumbling has
started, the boost heater (if so equiped) will turn on.
7. Turn the program knob (6) clicks from the start position. The drain pump and door lock solenoid will activate.
To enable high spin, press the
Delay Start
button.
8. Turn the program knob (7) clicks from the start position. The control will signal the last error code.
So I started diagnostic mode, I tried every "knob click position" for 5sec and at the end I received 3 error codes: E00, E53, EF2.
EF2 Too much soap
Advise the customer to reduce the amount of soap they are using.
E53 Low voltage to Speed Control Board.
Check the wiring between the Main Control Board and the
Speed Control Board. If good, replace the Speed Control Board.
E00 No error code is stored

I dont know if I should wait more on every "knob click position" but maybe I should think about that board. It costs around $170... I will check wiring ofcourse but this is a lot of money...
What do you think? Do you know diagnostic procedures? Did I do it right?

Old 06-23-16, 10:43 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Got computer back but still have problems. May be back to pad soon. Yes Affresh is expensive. there are other products out there that does the same thing.but my customers have said Affresh works the best.
Have replaced that board but you have to follow up and check voltage first. I would get lock and board from a place that you can return. I would start with lock.
Retired a couple of years ago so don't remember which wires to check.

Old 06-23-16, 01:27 PM
T
I was going to check if wires are in good condition only. What voltage should i expect?

Old 06-23-16, 03:41 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
I don't think I have ever seen bad wires there. You could unplug and plug the control board. might be a bad connection. There should be 120 volts but I can't remember which wires. Just looked at your machine diagram, I forgot about that one, open top and see if the control board is broken, It will be at a angle instead of straight. It may also be floppy not solid in mount. I found several of those before I retired.
Here is a diagram it has a wiring diagram but I can't enlarge it to read.
FRIGIDAIRE WASHER Parts | Model FAFW4011LW0 | Sears PartsDirect
Lot of wires on control board and I think it is 2 pink wires, but there a couple of sets of pink wires.

Old 07-05-16, 12:10 PM
T
I checked it, looks ok.
I deleted all codes, did some laundry, no codes now...

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: