Warm Water from Dispenser

Old 08-26-16, 02:07 PM
C
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Warm Water from Dispenser

5 month old Whirlpool side by side, model WR325FDAM04.
Water dispenser puts out room temperature water. Connected to cold water line, of course. All else seems to be working normally. Refrigerator and freezer temps are normal; ice maker, too.
Any ideas, or is this the new norm?

Old 08-26-16, 03:10 PM
Upvotes: 0
Has it ever dispensed cold water?
Most fridges have a large coil of 1/4" tubing inside the fridge at the bottom rear. The coil stores about 1 gallon of chilled water. If you don't have the coil, you probably don't have chilled water.

Hold on for an appliance pro to get back on this.

Old 08-26-16, 03:50 PM
Group Moderator
Received 3,951 Upvotes on 3,544 Posts
Your model number is incorrect.

WR325FDAM04. There should only be two leading numbers. The 32 denotes the fridge size.

Old 08-26-16, 04:09 PM
C
Pete, my mistake. The correct model number is WRS325FDAM04.
Brian, the dispenser pattern has always been a very brief flow of cool water, maybe two seconds worth, then room temp water. Go back a few minutes later and it's the same pattern.

Old 08-26-16, 04:33 PM
F
Received 38 Upvotes on 30 Posts
If it is like my Whirlpool the tubing comes from the dispenser through the door hinge, behind the inside paneling and then OUT the back side, down to the water dispenser solenoid valve, back up to the heat exchanger and eventually to the primary water valve via the inside filter unit. That means there is a lot of tubing from the heat exchanger to the dispenser that is located OUTSIDE of the refrigerator compartment where it picks up heat from the atmosphere. Your initial 2 seconds of cool water is from the tubing in the door and behind the inner panel before it exits the box in the rear.

Absolutely the STUPIDEST arrangement I could image.

IF I ever figure out how to remove the inner panels I am going to re-route the tubing from the heat exchanger directly to the door dispenser. I'm going out in a few minutes to see if I can find enough parts to at least get my ice maker working again.

A little more info on my problems: http://www.doityourself.com/forum/el...dventures.html

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: