Samsung French door fridge

Old 09-13-16, 01:15 PM
K
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Question Samsung French door fridge

I'm sorry, I don't have the model number right now. I have a Samsung French door fridge. The ice maker had stopped working on it about a year ago. Inconvenient, but we dealt with it. Then the fan motor went out. I had a guy replace that for me and when he was finished, the water dispenser had stopped working as well. He took the pump off to get a new one and said it wasn't the pump (he had hooked it up to another fridge and it works fine), it was the computer in the fridge. $400. I don't have that to spend right now on something not vital, so he put our pump back on. I now have no ice (meh, we just fill the ice bucket from the old side by side downstairs) and no water dispenser (kinda a big deal to me b/c I drink nearly a gallon a day and HATE our city water.) The display still lights up, so it doesn't make sense to me that the "computer" is out on the fridge. Does this situation sound right to you? Thoughts? Ideas?

Sponsored Links
Old 09-13-16, 04:02 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,112 Votes on 1,032 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

I doubt the computer controls the water flow but it's very possible power for the circuit comes off the control board.

I'd need a model number to look up the wiring diagram to give you a precise answer.