Kenmore dishwasher toe kick plate not going back in?

Old 09-17-16, 12:27 PM
M
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Kenmore dishwasher toe kick plate not going back in?

Hi, this is a tiny annoying problem that i have not been able to figure out so any help would be greatly appreciated. I have a Kenmore elite dishwasher and a few days ago, the door started dropping so I read up here and got the balancing kit, took the dishwasher out, removed the base plate or the kick plate and changed the little rope thing that held the door with the spring that was broken. I then pushed the dishwasher back in. All easy so far but when I try to put the kick plate back in, I notice that there is a copper pipe in the way. There is no way the kick plate will go in because the copper pipe is protruding out ahead of the metal points where the plate was screwed into. I have no idea how this is even possible. I didnt touch anything that would have pulled or pushed that pipe, no idea where it came from or how the plate was attached if it was always there. Please help, this is so annoying, the dishwasher is back in without the plate and electricals showing and I dont even know where to start. Both the metal points and the copper pipe seem immovable but it connected before so there has to be a way, I just can't see how.

Sponsored Links
Old 09-17-16, 12:40 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,168 Votes on 1,083 Posts
That copper pipe is the hot water feed line to the dishwasher. You need to find out where it comes from so you can roll it back in place. Treat it gently as it will kink easily.

When you pulled the dishwasher out.... the line came out with the machine. When you pushed the dishwasher back in..... the line did not go back in.

Take a flashlight and look under the washer. You should see it connected to a solenoid valve on the left side of the machine.

Old 09-17-16, 01:11 PM
M
Where exactly do I roll it in place? I tried pushing the pipe back but it won't budge at all.

Old 09-17-16, 01:18 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,168 Votes on 1,083 Posts
Do you know where the water shut off is to the dishwasher ?
It could be under the sink if the dishwasher is next to the sink. It could be in the basement.

You need to determine how the copper pipe gets to the dishwasher.
The pipe needs to be in a loop under the dishwasher. It is very easy for the line to get caught on something on the bottom of the dishwasher.

Old 09-17-16, 04:48 PM
A picture would be helpful, here's a link:

http://www.doityourself.com/forum/el...-pictures.html

A dishwasher isn't normally moved with the copper line attached. It should have been difficult for you to pull the unit out.

Bending the 3/8" tube back into place might be difficult without kinking it or causing a leak, but it can be done.
An option is to replace the line with a braided supply line.