Water filter fills, but dispenser/ice maker don't get water?

Old 10-07-16, 09:27 PM
B
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Water filter fills, but dispenser/ice maker don't get water?

I have a Frigidaire FRS26ZSH fridge. My understanding is: It has water supply lines to the "filter cup" on the interior of the fridge, and from there the water feeds to the ice maker and dispenser.

The dispenser used to dispense slowly -- now, not at all. The ice maker used to make ice -- now, it doesn't. It makes an electronic whirr noise behind the dispenser, so it's trying to do.. something.

When I press the water dispenser trigger, water spurts out into the filter cup. I've tried replacing the filter, and taking it out entirely. The little cup fills with water, but it still doesn't work.

Any hints as to the problem?

Sponsored Links
Old 10-08-16, 12:29 AM
Group Moderator
Received 1,185 Votes on 1,097 Posts
The water fill system is a bit of a mystery. There is a double valve and a single valve for three water valves.

The primary valve is in the water supply line. It controls the water to the filter. This is done so you can change the filter without turning the water off. It comes out of the filter and goes to the dual valve. One half is the dispenser and the other is the ice maker.

When dispenser requests water.... the dispenser valve and the primary valve open.
When ice maker requests water... the ice maker valve and the primary valve open.

How are you getting water to the fridge ?
One of those crappy saddle tee valves is not going to cut it. They clog easily and don't allow enough water flow
See if this looks like your fridge. It should be your service manual.
fridge-manual