Kitchenaid Dishwasher not washing

Old 10-28-16, 10:47 AM
X
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Angry Kitchenaid Dishwasher not washing

Kitchenaid Diswasher Model # KDFE104DBL1

I purchased this dishwasher in March of 2015 and within the last 3 months has been nothing but trouble. Some of the wash options don't work, the control panel doesn't always respond and it intermittently works on one cycle one time but not the next. It began with the wash arms not spinning, so I cleaned them and they began to work again (I think) and now it randomly works on one cycle but not another one and its a huge guessing game as to which one to use.

I've contacted Kitchenaid and they provided me a warranty code to call a service repair person to take care of it, but since appliance repair is a dying art, it has been almost 2 months and the service guy has yet to find time to come look at it. I miss having a dishwasher and with a family of 5 it is a very essential appliance in my household. Anyone have any thoughts on what I can check or try to get this thing working? I'm fairly handy and not opposed to doing the work myself if I just knew exactly what I needed.

Old 10-28-16, 01:49 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 77 Upvotes on 70 Posts
Kitchenaid is made by Whirlpool, Sears or A&E used to do most of there service. Call Kitchenaid and see if they will authorize Either of them. Should be there within a week.

Old 10-28-16, 02:03 PM
J
Received 128 Upvotes on 113 Posts
Checked out "repairclinic.com" ?
"Dying art" I think not.
Sears has a fleet of trucks doing nothing but service.
I live 1-1/2 hours from a city and still have a local service man I can call and there here the next day.

Old 10-28-16, 04:39 PM
I've contacted Kitchenaid and they provided me a warranty code
Kitchenaid is trying to help, but the first point of contact should be the store where purchased, they usually don't like returns and should go out of their way to help. Like Joe said, Sears is one company that will repair or accept a return.

Old 10-28-16, 09:51 PM
X
Thank you for the info I will contact sears tomorrow. Evidently in my neck of the woods a lot of people aren't doing appliance repair, at least not warranty work. And I was under the impression that the warranty code kitchenaid supplied me with would only be good for the appliance repair person they authorized. I also didn't know that sears would do anything since it's been over a year since purchase but I guess I can try there.

Old 10-28-16, 09:55 PM
X
I didn't realize there was a shortage of appliance repair people either until I called the appliance guy again to see when he'd be out and still have yet to get a date and was told by a manager that he was booked for the next month straight despite me calling 2 months prior to that. I'll call sears tomorrow also to see if they can help. I have checked out repairclinic.com as I have used them frequently in the past with good luck but I'd like to pinpoint an exact issue so I can order the necessary parts. Thanks for the tip.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: