Need a Part Number for a Fridge Door Stop

Old 11-08-16, 12:15 PM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 702
Received 7 Votes on 6 Posts
Need a Part Number for a Fridge Door Stop

I have a refrigerator that I am trying to replace the door stop. I think the previous owner modified it and I want my fridge to stop swinging open to far and hitting a wall.

The refrigerator says it is a GE Model LXW18JEZRW-1 and the owners manual I have says it is a Camco Model 16 or 18.

I think Camco is a GE brand. Anyway, I can't seem to get any site to recognize my model numbers to allow me to find a part number for my door stops. Can anyone help me with this?
Old 11-08-16, 12:53 PM
pugsl's Avatar
Forum Topic Moderator
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: United States
Posts: 9,029
Received 76 Votes on 69 Posts
Please check model # it did not work. Take model # off inside fridge.
Old 11-08-16, 03:17 PM
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 5,007
Received 125 Votes on 110 Posts
Tried checking how level it is?
Any fridge I've ever owned has no stop and the door can be opened 180 deg.
Got a picture?
Old 11-08-16, 03:44 PM
PJmax's Avatar
Group Moderator
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 69,518
Received 2,814 Votes on 2,546 Posts
It is a GE 18cu ft. fridge. It appears that is was manufactured for a Canadian market which means it was brought down here from Canada. Our online parts suppliers don't list foreign appliances.

As far as I know.... there are no door stops installed on any fridges. If you open it fast enough it will swing around and hit the wall.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: