KitchenAid Dishwasher: Control Board Problems?

Old 11-26-16, 10:35 AM
C
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
KitchenAid Dishwasher: Control Board Problems?

We have a KitchenAid dishwasher (a KUDE40FXPA1 if it matters) that is about 5 years old. Recently, it stopped drying very well. I'll open it up during the drying cycle and it's warm (so I know the heating element is working), but there's not tons of steam coming out like it used to be. It has also become inconsistent at cleaning. Things just aren't quite as clean as they used to be.

A local repairman came out and he's basically been stumped. At first he thought it wasn't getting enough water so he replaced the water valve with no effect. After two more visits, he thinks it may be the control board. What are the chances that is the actual problem?

Since it does kind of clean and kind of dry, it seems like it might have something to do with some controller or logic in the dishwasher. The cycles also seem to take way longer than they used to and it seems to stop along the way in the cycle.

Any suggestions? I don't mind replacing parts myself, but don't want to spend a ton more on parts that won't fix the problem. Thanks for any help!

Old 11-26-16, 02:54 PM
Group Moderator
Received 3,951 Upvotes on 3,544 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

Most problems come down to drainage issues. The heating element is on or off... there's no in between. is your drain line fastened up high before it exits into the drain system ?

Name:  Dishwasher drain.jpg
Views: 107
Size:  10.8 KB

Old 11-26-16, 03:22 PM
C
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Hmmm. It is not fastened up high (see photo):

Name:  IMG_3022.jpg
Views: 97
Size:  33.9 KB

Would it drain better if the drain line started up high and then came down into the disposal?

1) Would this affect the drying?

2) Would this affect why the cycle would take so long?

Attached Images  

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: