GE side by side refrigerator not cooling

Old 12-02-16, 05:38 PM
S
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
GE side by side refrigerator not cooling

I have a GE GSL25JFXB LB side by side the freezer works fine but refrigerator side is currently at 56 degrees I have clean condenser coils wasn't to dirty. The fan is running, I see no frost buildup. I put my hand on compressor feels like it's running. Dont know what to do next? Thanks for any help.

Old 12-03-16, 12:57 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,421 Votes on 1,314 Posts
You have a full electronic refrigerator. It uses several thermistors to monitor and control temperatures. Usually there is an electronic cold air damper into the fridge but I haven't seen it yet.

You need to check and see what the freezer temperature is.
You need to hold the door switch in and see if you have cold air blowing into the fridge from a vent opening.
Have you checked for an iced over evaporator coil in the freezer ?
If you don't feel any moving cold air in the fridge you will need to remove the cold coil cover in the freezer to look for an iced over coil.

There should be a "tech sheet" under the front of the fridge behind the kick panel. This is used to put the fridge in test mode.

GE REFRIGERATOR X SERIES Parts | Model gsl25jfxblb | Sears PartsDirect
Look at the "freezer section". #213 is the cover over the #228 coil. #613 is the fan.

Just posted this as a guide for troubleshooting.... if needed.
you tube/watch?v=7lxOqMjFtr4

Old 12-04-16, 08:13 AM
S
I have continuty for all 3 thermistor. These I checked with the video you attached. But now seems to have different problem yesterday I unplugged to do a total defrost on it today I plug it back in an now it doesnt come back on. None of the fans turn on.

Old 12-04-16, 01:30 PM
Group Moderator
Did you manually reset the temperature settings ?

Old 12-04-16, 01:44 PM
S
Yes if you mean by changing setting on front panel on freezer door, I didn't find tech sheet in front kick panel area.

Old 12-04-16, 01:55 PM
Group Moderator
Sometimes the manual is in a bag and taped up to the bottom of the fridge behind the kickplate. Look around it should be there.

I'm still looking.

Old 12-04-16, 02:41 PM
S
I don't have one, I even tipped fridge an wife looked an there's nothing under there. All I have is orginal owners manual. There's nothing in it about it.

Old 12-05-16, 05:03 AM
S
So last night I called a friend of a friend that does appliance repair to see if he could come look at it. As I explained the whole thing to him, he told me to plug it in an leave it overnight to see if it would come back on if not he would stop over to look at. This morning I got up an everything was cold an it started making ice. Thank you PJmax for taking time to try an help me, it's much appreciated. I don't know what happened to make it come back on but glad it did.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: