Kenmore washing machine grinding noise while agitating

Old 08-06-17, 03:14 PM
M
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Kenmore washing machine grinding noise while agitating

Good Evening All:

I'm looking for some info. I have a two year old Kenmore top loading washing machine that is now making grinding noises during agitation. My daughter tried to wash her comforter and now it's making this noise. I'm guessing that the suspension may be off. The drum also leans to the left. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mike

Old 08-06-17, 05:26 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 75 Votes on 68 Posts
Post model # but what I would guess without knowing what machine you have is. Lean washer back against wall, there is a plastic cover over the center pulley. Remove cover(careful nut may fall out) Get some loctite and put nut on.Even if nut is just loose put loctite on threads or it will come off again. do not worry about groove cut into plastic cover just put it back on. Blue loctite can be gotten at any auto parts store.

Old 08-06-17, 07:26 PM
M
So I just got home and realized its actually a Hotpoint model HTWP1400F2WW, not a Kenmore. My apologies.

Old 08-06-17, 07:50 PM
M
So I was able to remove the front cover. The entire drum assemble seems to be shifted to the left. It looks like the pulley has been rubbing on a ridge on the lower cover.

I adjusted all of the feet to make sure it is level, but as soon as I put water into it, the drum starts to sink towards the bottom cover and starts to rub. Any suggestions?

Name:  ge2.jpg
Views: 1597
Size:  41.0 KB

Name:  ge3.jpg
Views: 1667
Size:  38.7 KB

Name:  ge1.jpg
Views: 1623
Size:  45.7 KB

Name:  ge4.jpg
Views: 1754
Size:  30.2 KB

Last edited by PJmax; 08-14-17 at 05:10 PM. Reason: reoriented pictures
Old 08-07-17, 04:44 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
UGH GE washer You have what is called a sagging tub, Unfortunately it is a common problem. Here is a page of complaints about this and some suggestions about it.
https://www.google.com/search?q=HTWP....0.FHQtxcuA6m4
There is a kit to fix but call GE first. Will need both model and serial #' here is the kit part #. Not a easy job.
WH49X20925
Sometimes just replacing the suspension rods will fix this but not recommended.

Last edited by pugsl; 08-07-17 at 07:24 AM.
Old 08-14-17, 07:18 AM
M
Thanks for your help. The repair guy said it needed new suspension rods and that the washer wasn't level. SO even after getting it level, it was still sagging to the left. He said they would order new suspension rods. Next day, I get a call asking when they could deliver a new washer. Apparently my landlord decided it was cheaper to replace it than repair it.

Old 08-14-17, 03:31 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Thanks for the update always nice to know what happened.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: