Bosch SHE56C05UC/22 DISHWASHER

Old 09-18-17, 08:45 PM
T
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Bosch SHE56C05UC/22 DISHWASHER

I have a bosch 56c dishwasher. The gfi tripped and wouldn't reset. I replaced the gfi. The garbage disposal and dishwasher are on that circuit. The garbage disposal is working but the dishwasher 'power' and display will not come on. I can't find a reset of any kind for the dishwasher. I'm wondering if there is some kind of 'reset' that anyone knows about using the control buttons or inside the panel? A fuse? There is absolutely NOTHING in the owners manual to assist. Thank you so much for your help!

Old 09-18-17, 11:16 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,321 Votes on 1,221 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

I don't work on many Bosch dishwashers and there is little to no online service info.
You could try disconnecting power for a few minutes and then re-connecting it.

I don't know of a reset button. Any "fuse" in the unit would usually be a thermal fuse. Not likely to blow unless overheated. Did you find what caused the GFI to trip ?

A typical dishwasher problem is a defective/problem door switch. The main power runs thru it first. If there was an electronic failure you would usually get a trouble code.

Just about all appliances come with a tech sheet. It would be found behind the lower kickplate. It may be hidden. It could be folded up pretty small and may be in a bag. Use a flashlight and mirror to check carefully. That will have the diagnostic help you need in it.

Old 09-19-17, 05:40 AM
P
Group Moderator
Received 746 Votes on 685 Posts
I am not familiar with the SHE###### models but have had a similar problem with two SHU##### models. In my case it was the main control boards that failed in both cases. Replacing the board remedied the problem.

Old 09-20-17, 10:42 PM
T
Thanks for the advice. I really appreciate it. There is no power to the display for any codes. There is a bit of a burnt wire smell coming from the control board. I've disconnected the power. I guess the question now is do I replace the board and risk some other problem shorting that one out as well? Or do I roll the dice and replace that board?

Thanks again for the help. I really appreciate it.

Old 09-20-17, 10:47 PM
T
Hey Pilot Dane, did your control board issue trip the gfi if you had one?

Thank you so much for the help. I really appreciate it.

CG

Old 09-20-17, 11:22 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,321 Votes on 1,221 Posts
If it smells burned you should see it.

Did you check for a tech sheet ?

Old 09-21-17, 05:57 AM
P
Group Moderator
Received 746 Votes on 685 Posts
When my house was built a GFCI was not required for the dishwasher so it is on a standard breaker.

When I opened up the door and looked at the control board it was rather obvious that the board had died. There was a burned component that was easily spotted because of the tan/brown discoloration around it.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: