GE Refrigerator Motherboard Temperature Control

Old 09-30-17, 08:47 PM
T
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
GE Refrigerator Motherboard Temperature Control

11 Yr Old GE GSH22JSTASS Side by Side refrigerator. Over the last year, it was taking it a few to 24 hours for the compressor to kick on after a power outage. This last outage, it never came back. I replaced the motherboard with model # WR55X10956, and the compressor kicked on immediately. Now the son of ***** won’t shut off. Regardless of what number I change the temperature will hover at 28 degrees. I replaced the motherboard with another one and the same thing is happening. I can’t believe the thermistor sensors went out.

Does anyone have suggestions or have experienced this problem.

Old 09-30-17, 08:57 PM
Group Moderator
Received 4,082 Upvotes on 3,665 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

Original board ------> WR55X10603 replacement board ------> WR55X10942

When I look at the correct board (10942) and the board you are using (10956) I see many extra connections on your board versus the board I show as the replacement.

Are there a lot of extra pins/connectors on your board that aren't being used ?
Where did that part number come from ?

It MAY be a replacement but I'd need to hunt around to find out. I'm not an authorized GE tech so I don't have a cross reference manual.

Old 10-01-17, 07:12 AM
T
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Pete,

thanks for your reply. I ran into the same thing and scoured all of the parts website and they all used the 10942 as replacement for it. Yes there are unused connections on the board so I assume this motherboard is “universal” for a variety of models. Each pin only fits one slot so there isn’t a way to plug it in wrong.....I assume.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: