Dishwasher whirring when running

Old 12-09-17, 05:55 PM
H
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dishwasher whirring when running

My almost completely silent GE GDT580SSFSS suddenly started a constant loud whirring noise when it runs. I checked for something stuck around arm at the bottom. It was clear. Checked to see if something was stuck in the drain/disposal, nothing. Some other sites are telling me the wash pump motor could be going bad. I imagine that's a pain in the butt to deal with, especially since the dishwasher was a pain just to install because the floor was put in after the original dishwasher. Anyone got a better idea?

Old 12-09-17, 08:37 PM
Group Moderator
Received 3,162 Likes on 2,841 Posts
You are missing a number in the model...... GDT580SSF_SS

There is very little online support for many of the newer GE appliances. If the whirring is only during the drain cycle.... something may be caught in the drain pump. However the typical noise is caused by something being caught in the circulation/wash pump.

The following video is for replacing the drain pump but they point out where the circulation pump is. That's what you need to get to. I'm not even sure if that pump is rebuildable or can be taken apart for cleaning. I haven't worked on one like that yet.

you tube/watch?v=lFA2DjW-_zo

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: