Bad Freezer thermal protector - trying to find a replacement- help

Old 02-21-18, 07:08 PM
W
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Bad Freezer thermal protector - trying to find a replacement- help

I have an igloo freezer and my wife left the door ajar by mistake which the freezer then couldnít keep cold and the compressor ran until it quit. When I discovered this the compressor was very hot so I let it cool for a few hours and removed the items from the freezer. I tried to start the freezer but only got a click from the thermal protector and relay. I removed the relay and it rattles which I read means it could be bad. Iím trying to find a replacement but canít seem to match the part number or cross reference a suitable replacement. Iím still waiting for the manufacture to get back with me. The number on the thermal protector is DRB33P61A1. I know those numbers mean something but canít find a replacement with those numbers on it. Anyone know how to find a suitable replacement. Thanks in advance.

Old 02-21-18, 07:13 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,476 Votes on 1,364 Posts
I'll look into it.

How about the model of the freezer ?
The compressor may also have a handy part number on it.

Looks like a 4.7ohm 1 lead unit. Just some random postings.
Match by sight too.

uxcell-Refrigerator-Starter-Relay-Black/dp/B00N3WFW5K
Compressor Start Relay: Parts & Accessories | eBay

Old 02-21-18, 07:23 PM
Super Moderator
Received 52 Votes on 48 Posts
It is just as likely that the overload is working properly and the compressor is seized or the relay is bad.
If you are going to troubleshoot by replacing parts you should also replace the relay and capacitor if it has one.

Old 02-21-18, 07:23 PM
W
Compressor model is and 4311h. Thatís the exact starter relay I have, part qp2-4r7, but itís the white thermal protector like this one that I think is bad. https://www.amazon.com/LG-Electronic...58KVJPYY19HF7X

Old 02-21-18, 07:27 PM
W
Freezer model FRF707, I will buy both the starter relay and thermal protector, but not sure what therm protector to buy. Thatís where I am at a loss. A lot of them look the same but have different lettering and am not sure if that is critical. I also read that the letter ďPĒ on my therm protector references the temp at which it activates?

Old 06-30-18, 04:31 PM
G
Were you able to locate the thermal protector?

Were you ever able to locate the thermal protector part # DRB33P61A1 for the igloo freezer? Looks like I have the same compressor with my igloo freezer and I might have a bad thermal protector like you?

i know itís been a while but any info is appreciate.

thanks

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: