Old 04-10-18, 01:51 AM
D
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Ge 48 not defrosting

GE psb48lsrabv

new defrost timer
new defrost heater
new Ge control board.

After 9 days the evap coil inside the freezer freezes and becomes solid.

OHM tested the heater, pan heater, and defrost timer. All ohms our OK

when I put the freezer defrost timer on manual on the control board defrosts and the heater starts right up.

however, it never seems to go into defrost on its own.

When i I run the thermistor check 1-10 everything comes back as passed.

I have checked the manuals and ran my tests according to the manual and everything comes back.

Anyone know these fridges well? Should I just manually check the ohms in the thermistors even if the control board says they pass? I read once that someone replaces the ones in the fresh food compartment and it made their freezer heater go into defrost? This is driving me insane! Help!

Old 04-19-18, 03:00 PM
D
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
If anyone cares, after poking and probing everything and it all ohming and checking out. I decided to see if the fridge self diagnoses was correct. I purchased a new Evap Thermister and tested the old when when removed. Althought the OHM was correct for the temperature 4.3KOHMS at 80 degrees. The actual evap temp was -24 degrees. the Control board thought the Evap coil was always 80 degrees, so it never called for freezer defrost. So life lesson, don't trust fridges self diagnoses.

Old 04-19-18, 05:05 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,408 Votes on 1,303 Posts
My apologies. I had replied to this soon after you posted it. I don't see my reply.
In that reply was a request for a model number.

Glad to see you have the problem ironed out.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: