Bosch dishwasher water not getting to upper spray arm

Old 06-20-18, 11:04 PM
M
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Bosch dishwasher water not getting to upper spray arm

model number is shp65t55uc
top rack not getting clean. Found out upper spray is not spinning.

things I have tried: Checked and cleaned filter. Removed spray arm and rinsed. Nothing is clogging. Ran vinegar cycle in case deposits were clogging things. Tried adding an extra half gallon of water. Nothing helps.

To help diagnose, I put my GoPro in to see what’s happening. I removed the upper arm completely and pointed the camera towards the three openings at the back of the dishwasher (the top rack can be in three different positions). I ran a rinse cycle which lasts 9 minutes. Nothing ever sprayed out the holes except for a very brief time about 7 minutes into the cycle.

There are several parts I’m thinking of replacing. One is the heat pump. The other is called an alternate water distributer. Any suggestions? I’m not sure which would be more responsible for getting water up to the upper spray arm. Thanks!!

Old 06-21-18, 05:18 AM
P
Group Moderator
Received 2,152 Upvotes on 1,927 Posts
First, have you checked what cycle you are running? Some machines allow you to select only top or bottom rack washing for small loads.

Old 06-21-18, 08:01 AM
M
Yes, it’s irregardless of cycle, and this model does not allow you to select.

Old 06-21-18, 10:18 AM
Group Moderator
Received 3,947 Upvotes on 3,540 Posts
This is the link I'm using for exploded views.
sears parts direct /shp65t55uc01

I would first remove that pipe (0601) in the back of the machine and make sure it's clean.
Name:  bosch.JPG
Views: 7076
Size:  46.4 KB

The following link is the exploded view of the pump area.
0401 is the high pressure wash pump.
It feeds 0406 which is called a diverter. A motor on the bottom selects where the water is sent. This diverter reports back to the control and should give a trouble code if there's a problem.
https://c.searspartsdirect.com/lis_p...2396-00004.png

Typically the upper arm requires that the pump be working at full output. Any reduction in pump output will cause a problem. I don't work on many Bosch units but the first thing I usually do is to remove the wash pump and check for something stuck in the impeller or a damaged impeller.

Old 06-21-18, 02:33 PM
M
Thank you!
1) there were no blockages in the rear pipe
2) there have been no error codes. Would I need to run a diagnostic to see them or would they show up at the end of the cycle? The cycle runs completely from start to finish. If there are no errors, is it more likely the pump than the diverter?
3) do I have to fully remove the pump to inspect it? Is the impeller easy to see and obvious if something is wrong? Besides a blockage, what else would I’ve looking for?

Thank u again.

Old 06-21-18, 03:51 PM
Group Moderator
That code should log during a normal wash.
You could run a diagnostic routine and see if it responds as it should.

Unfortunately, most pumps are at right angles to the sump which makes it almost impossible to see into it to check the impeller.

Old 10-06-18, 11:28 AM
P
Pump

I know this is late, but I've struggled with the Bosch not spinning the upper arms for a long time. I've changed the water fill valve, changed the arms and the water tower, cleaned filters, and descaled the insides. All that helps just a tiny bit. The only thing that really helped was when I pulled the entire machine apart to replace the circulation pump, and I found a tiny piece of plastic film clogging the entry into the pump.

The Bosch tend to have a separate drain pump and a circulation pump. The circulation pump is expensive and difficult to replace. If I'd known, I could have fished out the plastic film from the entrance to the circulation pump in the sump area. There is a "tunnel" leading to the circulation pump. Fish around in there and see if you have glass or plastic blocking that area. Otherwise it's a $200 part, and you either pay $$ for service or hours of time and effort to replace it yourself.

Good luck.

Old 10-06-18, 01:27 PM
Group Moderator
Welcome to the forums.

Thanks for the additional information. You'd be surprised what gets caught down in the sump.
Usually it's just beyond reach from the top side.

Old 10-06-18, 02:51 PM
P
I just now fished around the circulation pump inlet down in the sump and fished out a big clog of hair/fiber/cellulose something. I didn't have to take anything apart, but I did use a dental pick and similar items to work around until I snagged on the clog. I'm pretty sure that clog was making the circulation poor, and therefore the upper arms were not spinning at all.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: