Crosley Top load washer not responding

Old 07-18-18, 09:36 AM
B
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Crosley Top load washer not responding

Howdy members,
I have a Crosley top load washing machine that is not responding to the cycle selection switch,
Normally within 5-10 seconds on clicking the wash cycle button, you hear it filling and it washes. Now I turn it to the wash cycle I want and hit the button it does nothing. However, you can hear the machine going thru the cycle making the computer click and all that, but it doesn't actually engage the wash cycle.
My regular appliance guy for 22 years retired and I'm going to attempt the repair as it will be over $90 just to get a guy from the city to come out here to look at it .
Appreciate any help. I have gotten a ton of help on this forum and saved big $ so I'm hoping this does the same.
Thanks very much!

Sponsored Links
Old 07-18-18, 03:04 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 74 Votes on 67 Posts
Post model # hard to help without it. Usually found under back of lid.

Old 07-21-18, 11:37 AM
B
pugsl, sorry for the delay. The washer is a Crosley model/parts number W10317196 and AMTRIM-S on the back also. thanks for the help!

Old 07-21-18, 02:03 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Sorry model # did not work please check. How old is washer?

Old 07-22-18, 08:26 AM
B
No problem pugsl. That number was on the back of the lid as you said next to the serial number so I assumed that was it. But I went down and looked at the washer again and under the lid was the model number. It's CAW9444XQ1. It is approx. 5 years old.
Thanks again!

Old 07-22-18, 01:07 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Do you hear the water going in and out, Common problem is the drive belt comes off. Lean washer back against wall and look under it you will see a plastic cover that is held on by 3 or 4 screws. Take cover off and see it the pulley is loose. Nut may have come off and be on floor someplace. If pulley loose or nut came off get some loctite put on threads and reinstall pulley. Plastic cover will have a groove worn in it but don't worry about it. I have repaired many like that and never had a problem. There is a tech sheet taped to the inside of the front panel if not your problem. If needed I ill tell you how to get to it. It is a pain i n a**.

Old 07-25-18, 07:29 AM
B
Okay pugsl, the good news is everything you said was accessible after propping up the washer and the cover came off easy. Bad news is the pulley, bolt and belt were snug as a bug and tight. I was able to pull the belt and move the agitator by hand so that area looks secure.
When I hit start I hear clicking and very slight humming sound like it's trying to kick in. But I hear no water filling or anything else. Almost sounds like what ever the selection dial is telling it to do is not getting to the mechanical parts. All the lights come on and switch tlls it to go and nothing. Thanks for the help again.

Old 07-25-18, 05:07 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
There is a tech sheet taped to front panel inside. Take 2 screws out of hinge in back leave hinge on. Slide front top forward about 1/2 inch and lift up, don't go to far forward as top will stick on clip. Page 4 or 5 will have the test . Retired 4 or 5 years ago so may have missed a step.

Old 08-12-18, 06:11 AM
B
Okay pugsl, finally got the time to post this. The problem was a shifter (agitator) module which the appliance parts guy said is a well known problem with Crosley's. It took me longer to understand the tech sheet to install it lol.
Thanks for the assist!

Old 08-12-18, 12:24 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Crosley Just a Whirlpool re branded. Would of said that but without code would be a guess.