How to diagnose LG dishwasher error code IE?

Old 11-21-18, 08:57 PM
C
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
How to diagnose LG dishwasher error code IE?

I just purchased an LG dishwasher LDT7808ST and it's giving me the IE error code. Base on LG's error code, this has to do with water supply is not complete or takes too long to fill the tub. However, I've checked the water supply line and it has no kinks. As for the water pressure, it was working fine with my previous Maytag dishwasher so I don't think it's the water pressure. Any suggestion is much appreciated.

Old 11-21-18, 11:17 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,330 Votes on 1,229 Posts
Older machines were strictly a timed function. For the most part.... the machine didn't care about the pressure. I'd have to check into your LG. Make sure the supply valve is turned all the way on.

Old 11-23-18, 12:09 PM
C
I just tested the pressure on my dishwasher supply line and it's around 60psi so I think it should be fine.

Name:  g.jpg
Views: 571
Size:  34.4 KB

Last edited by PJmax; 10-30-19 at 05:59 PM. Reason: resized picture
Old 11-23-18, 08:41 PM
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
There are most likely some filters in the machine that need to be cleaned. Here's the manual:

https://www.lg.com/us/support-product/lg-LDT7808ST

Old 11-24-18, 10:21 AM
C
The thing is, I just got this delivered three days ago. How can the filter be clogged? By the way, I re-run the washer again and it leaked all over my floor. There is a little drain hose underneath the dishwasher and it was dripping water all the time. The machine does show AE. I have contacted LG support and they mentioned that the Flood Safe hoses and check valves may interrupt the water supply. Anyway, what is a flood safe hoses and check valves? How do I install or verify if this is installed?

Old 11-24-18, 01:50 PM
Floodsafe hoses are water supply hoses that incorporate a device to sense unrestricted water flow, like what would happen if the hose broke. I've never used them and I hear that they can be troublesome. https://media.wattswater.com/F-FloodSafe.pdf Check valves are one-way valves and I've never seen one installed in a DW supply.

Further, no DW hose should 'drip all the time'. The installer should have looked for leaks and ran a test cycle. Who installed it?

Something's wrong, with either the machine or the installation, and you would think that LG could be a little more supportive. They should send someone out to look at a leaky brand-new machine.

Old 11-24-18, 03:23 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 75 Votes on 68 Posts
New install dripping on floor I would call who ever installed it. They will be liable for any damages you get from water. The only thing I would is shut water off to DW till they get there.

Old 11-25-18, 08:11 AM
C
The leaking is not coming from the supply line or discharge line. It's coming from a small outlet underneath the DW. The question is, why is it leaking from this bottom outlet?

Old 11-25-18, 08:21 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
No idea I am not there. same answer call installer I would have them replace unit with another new one.

Old 11-25-18, 01:40 PM
It sounds like you may have got a bad one right off the shelf. Turn off the water supply to it and start making calls.

Old 12-07-18, 05:31 AM
C
Okay, I got the same exact IE error. Is there anything else I need to turn on besides the water supply line hose from underneath my sink to the dishwasher? Unless LG dishwasher is really bad, I don't think there are two bad LG dishwasher in a row. I tested the water supply hose and it does provide 60psi so I don't think it's the water supply issue.

Old 12-07-18, 02:49 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
This is a different DW ? They replaced it and same code? Take off kick plate there should be a tech sheet there with codes listed.

Old 12-08-18, 03:31 PM
C
Are you referring to the error code? I don't see anything. The kick plate was never installed. I want to make sure it works before I put it back. I connected my phone to the DW and I do get the error message on my phone. Again, there is nothing obstruct the water supply line.

Old 12-08-18, 05:19 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,330 Votes on 1,229 Posts
The IE code is set after 10 minutes if the tub is not correctly filled. I'm surprised they even allow 10 minutes as it usually only take a few minutes to fill.

You had a new machine installed. Did the installer check it when he was there ?

Old 12-09-18, 05:06 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
60 psi could be seen with a low water flow. Did you check how the water flows? Put a pan or bucket under water line and turn water on slow to check.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: