Old Maytag - Oven and Broiler don't work

Old 12-23-18, 05:57 PM
O
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Old Maytag - Oven and Broiler don't work

It's a CRE9800. Temp sensor tests good. Stovetop works 100%
When I set the oven temp, digital display shows desired temp and then reverts back to 100 (it always did this). But now no heat at all. Same thing with Broiler.
I hear a click (relay?) from the control panel when I set the temp and another 3-5 seconds later. Broiler does the same. Someone said it's the relay on the control board, but I think there are 2 one for broiler, one for lower element. What are the chances the 2 went together?

Should I change the control board? Is the more detailed testing I can do?

Old 12-23-18, 06:45 PM
Group Moderator
Received 2,977 Votes on 2,686 Posts
Is there more detailed testing I can do?
That depends. Can you read a schematic ?

You didn't post the full model number so I used CRE9800DDE.
Click on the schematic. It will open in a new window. When you click on the diagram it will go to an enlarged view. There are three relays for the oven section. There is one for bake that switches L1 to the bake element. There is one for broiler that switches L1 to the broil element. These are the cycling relays. Then there is a third relay called DL8. That's a dual relay that switches L2 to both bake and broil when either is called for.

Unless I'm reading this incorrectly..... there are seven fuses in it. One looks like it supplies L1. There is also a "hi limit" safety switch that can also cause both bake and broil not to work. A lot of stuff to check for here. Luckily this schematic is very easy to follow.

Sears part direct breakdown
Schematic (wiring diagram) png

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: